Basic of Software Testing
Posted by at August 28th, 2014
This workshop is especially designed for the individuals who wish to make great career in Software Testing. This workshop enables them to understand testing concepts as whole, design best possible test cases and conduct manual testing. This course bridges the gap between colleges curriculum and industry demands related to software testing.
Objectives / Benefits
- To provide thorough knowledge on software engineering concepts, testing concepts, types of testing, defect management etc
- To equip participants with testing skills so that they can perform testing jobs very well and improve their job prospects
2 Days – 8 hours per day – Classes can be held on weekdays and weekends as per participant’s choice or at pre-defined schedule
- Basic Concepts
- What is software quality?
- Verification Vs Validation
- QC & QA
- Cost of Quality
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Quality Control (QC)
- Software Development Life Cycle
- SDLC Phases
- Concept, Requirements, Design, Coding, Testing, Deployment, and Maintenance
- Types of SDLC
- V – Model, Water Fall Model, Prototype, Spiral, Iterative, etc
- SDLC Phases
- Software Testing Life Cycle
- Varieties in Testing
- Manual & Automation Testing
- White Box & Black Box Testing
- Black box Testing
- Types of Testing : Unit Testing, Functional, Non-Functional, Performance, Load, Stress, Smoke, Exploratory, Adhoc, & Usability Testing etc
- System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing
- Test Environment: Test harness, Test bed setup
- Risk Analysis
- Testing Techniques & Design
- Black Box Testing: Error guessing, Equivalence Partitioning, Boundary Value Analysis
- Test Case Design
- Test Scenarios, Test Procedures
- What is Test Case?
- Test Case Template
- Steps for writing Test Cases
- Test Estimation
- Work break down Estimation
- Metrics Based Estimation
- Test Plan
- Test Objectives, Testing Process and Testing strategy
- Entry and Exit Criteria
- Test Schedule, Roles / Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Defect management tool
- Test Reports
- Puerto Graph
- Defect Management
- What are Error, Bug and Defect?
- Why do defects occur?
- Cost of defects in Software Industries
- Severity, Categories and Consequences
- Defects life cycle
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wishes to make their career in software testing can join these courses.
Our trainers (includes IITians and industry veterans) have strong expertise on software engineering, testing concepts, commercial and open source tools. Their profile can be accessed from our experts page. Also, OpCord testing team will assist in providing real time experience and value to participants.
How to Register?
Please Click Here to register for the program and you may call us at 91-9620887298 to know about special offers/discounts for early registrants, group registrations and corporates.