The Function Point Analysis (FPA) technique involves viewing the functionality of software from the users’ perspective to measure the size and once size (or complexity) is measured, derive effort using productivity and schedule based on many factors with the use of a case study.
Objectives / Benefits
- To help estimators in coming up with estimations using function points
- To enable participants to understand the principles of good estimation, measuring function points
- Ice breaking and workshop norms (15 min)
- Overview of project management and context setting (15 min)
- Introduction to Estimation (15 min)
- Overview to Function Points
- Counting Data Functions
- Counting Transaction Functions for the case study
- Determine Value Adjustment Factor
- Calculate Adjusted Function Points – Size of software
- Calculating the Effort and Project Schedule
- Case Study to arrive above function points
- Case Study – Hands-on to participants
Who Should Attend?
- Senior and Middle Management in Delivery, Process group, Quality and Testing Teams, Project leaders, Test leads, Team leads etc
- Senior managers in HR, Operations, other Support functions
How to Register?
Please call us at 91 – 9620887298 or write at email@example.com to know about the Trainer and Cost for this program. One may also Click Here to register for this program and to get special offers/discounts for early registrants, group registrations and corporates.