This course enables program/project managers (PMs) to manage programs/projects using MS-Project tool. MS Project tool helps PMs in breaking down tasks, identify potential bottlenecks and keep project on track.
Objectives / Benefits
- To enable participants to prepare a project plan, enter tasks, develop calendars, define task dependencies, and assign resources etc.
- To enable participants to baseline project, use various views, track progress, prepare reports and establish relationship with other plans.
- Ice breaking and workshop norms (15 min)
- Overview of project management and context setting (15 min)
- Case Study initiation (15 min)
- Preparation of schedule (1 hour)
- Creation of tasks list or work breakdown structure
- Defining milestones, phases, tasks
- Sequencing of tasks
- Dependencies among tasks
- Creation of resources
- Resource allocation
- Defining start and finish date
- Introduction and inclusion of various fields (30 min)
- Demonstration of various views (30 min)
- Defining calendars (30 min)
- Demonstration of three default calendars
- Creation of specific calendar for project
- Defining holidays and vacations in calendar
- Managing resources (30 min)
- Reviewing resource workloads
- Resource leveling
- Cost tracking in MS-Project (15 min)
- Optimizing duration by determining critical path (30 min)
- Baselining of schedule and multiple baselines (30 min)
- Advanced formatting of schedule (45 min)
- Project tracking and controlling (45 min)
- Entering actual in MS-Project
- Re-planning schedule based on actual progress
- Comparing with baseline and re-baselining
- Measuring Performance With Earned Value Analysis
- Reporting with MS-Project (45 min)
- Discussion on the way to utilize the learning’s in the organization (30 min)
Who Should Attend?
- Senior and Middle Management in Delivery, Process group, Quality and Testing Teams, Project leaders, Test leads, Team leads etc
- Senior managers in HR, Operations, other Support functions
How to Register?
Please call us at 91 – 9620887298 or write us at: email@example.com to know about the Trainer and Cost for this program. One may also Click Here to register for this program and to get special offers/discounts for early registrants, group registrations and corporates.